Sunday, May 27, 2007

Make A Child Smile RAK (Randon Act of Kindness)


I recently joined a site for Artist Trading Cards. ATC's (as they're called) are small works of art created in trading card size, usually about two and a half inches by three and a half inches. These cards are often traded between artists, and upon further reading, I found out this idea was started by the impressionists. They would trade cards to study the other's technique. Anyways, through this site I found a program called Make A Child Smile
where three sick children are featured each week, and you can send them greeting cards to cheer them up. There are some wonderful photos of kids with big smiles on their faces surrounded by hundreds of colorful greeting cards. ATC had the clever idea of sending a regular card and also adding an original artist trading card. I'm going to participate in this, and invite you to as well.

3 comments:

Jan Dale said...

Hi Paige,
I love the idea of sending art cards to these kids and I'm glad you included them in your blog. I'd never heard of them before. It is said that a merry heart is like medicine to someone who hurts. Do you think there might be a way to help generate funds through these art cards? For instance; a central venue where artists could donate art cards for auction with proceeds designated for a specific child. What if someone could get ebay to waive the insertion fees for such a cause? What if the auctions could be focused toward and promoted in the communities where these children live? I'm not a very big name in the artworld yet, but others like yourself and Duane Keiser might just have the clout to get attention. Hmmm. It's a thought.
Jan Dale
p.s. I have many irons in the fire, but I might be willing to donate a few art cards.

BLUEANGLER said...

Great idea! I will look it up and will be there soon! Thank you for the great information!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.